Hi, There! My name is Kelly!
I’ve suffered from depression and anxiety my entire life. It has literally crippled me at times. It kept me from living, from being who I really was – my true self. I used to think I was in too deep, that the grip depression and anxiety had on me was too tight and that I would never get back to me. Until I began my own journey…
I Want To Help You
I love helping others, especially those that have experienced depression or anxiety, issues related to it, and any form of it.
Long Run Ohm is about your journey to your true self; returning to your home or “ohm.” It’s about helping you discover all the things that help you manage your depression and anxiety.
The goal of the site is to allow you to explore, decide, celebrate and share which of the four areas of self-care work best for you:
The Long Run Ohm is about new beginnings. It’s a safe place for those who need to vent and want to talk about the ugly side of things when no one else will. It’s a place to help you grow by relating to other females within the site community – our struggles as women who have families, maybe a professional career (full or part-time), and all the other pressures.
We as a Long Run Ohm community will work together to…
- Find our way successfully through life happily and sometimes not so happily
- Use self-care practices to help us accept and manage the hurdles and emotions that that pop-up in our daily lives as a result of depression and anxiety
- Shed the weight, fear, resentment, anger, shame, hurt, and guilt of the past, or of the future – and just learn to be our true selves
- Set a new vision, new goals, new thoughts and share our inspirations
- Ascend into an authentic space where emotions can be felt and eventually be let go
- Create a place to connect with those who have the same goals as us
The Real Results
You are not alone. Life isn’t perfect, it’s raw, it’s a bleeding sore, but it’s also beautiful and rich. And, the raw, achy parts of life are just as amazing (if not more!) than the peaceful and joyful parts.
Long Run Ohm is about accepting, pushing through, holding on and smiling all while living with depression and anxiety. It’s embracing (instead of running away) and appreciating failures and painful emotions to catch a glimpse of the delicious bites of life.
Take my hand and let’s get going!